What is ILProtector ?
ILProtector is a protector for .NET applications. It’s designed to protect the intellectual property of the software.
is actively developed and maintained by vgrsoft.net.
first started as free software that focused on protecting .Net code from reverse engineering. Now its latest version is paid software
(more info about licensing here),
obviously still a great software with more protection options.
But we are still in luck as we can use its older version freely.
Another great thing about this softwares is that it provides Command Line Interface (CLI) so we can integrate it very easily as we want in third party tools
like we will use it in Visual Studio.
ILProtector’s Main Interface
ILProtector Best Choice To Protect Your .NET Software Code
ILProtector is a software tool that is designed to protect .NET assemblies from reverse engineering and tampering. It does this by encrypting the intermediate language (IL) code within the assembly, making it difficult for attackers to decompile or modify the code.
The process of reverse engineering is a technique used by attackers to extract the source code of a program from its compiled binary. This can allow them to understand how the program works, find vulnerabilities, and even make modifications to the code without the permission of the software developer. By encrypting the IL code, ILProtector makes it much harder for attackers to reverse engineer the assembly, thereby protecting the intellectual property of the software developer.
In addition to encryption, ILProtector also includes other features to further secure the assembly. For example, it includes anti-debugging and anti-tampering mechanisms to detect and prevent attempts to debug or modify the assembly. It also includes a feature that allows the developer to specify a custom encryption key, making it even more difficult for attackers to decrypt the code.
ILProtector is commonly used by software developers to protect their intellectual property and prevent unauthorized use or distribution of their code. It is a valuable tool for any developer looking to protect their code from reverse engineering and tampering, and it can be integrated into the development process to provide an additional layer of security for their assemblies.
Using ILProtector to protect a .NET assembly is a relatively straightforward process. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- Install ILProtector on your development machine. You can download the latest version of ILProtector from the official website.
- Open ILProtector and add the assembly that you want to protect. You can do this by clicking the “Add Assembly” button and selecting the assembly file from your file system.
- Configure the protection settings. ILProtector allows you to configure various settings such as the encryption key, anti-debugging, anti-tampering, and other features. You can adjust these settings to suit your needs.
- Protect the assembly. Once you have configured the protection settings, you can click the “Protect” button to encrypt the IL code in the assembly. This will create a new protected assembly file that can be distributed to your customers.
- Test the protected assembly. It is important to test the protected assembly to ensure that it works correctly and that the protection features are functioning as intended.
- Deploy the protected assembly. Once you have tested the protected assembly and are satisfied that it is working correctly, you can distribute it to your customers.
There are several ways that you can make money from using ILProtector, depending on your specific circumstances and goals. Here are a few examples:
- Sell your protected software: If you are a software developer, you can use ILProtector to protect your software and then sell it to customers. By encrypting the IL code in your assembly, you can make it more difficult for attackers to reverse engineer and modify your code, making it more valuable to customers.
- Offer protection as a service: If you are a software developer or consultant, you can offer protection services to other software developers. By using ILProtector, you can help other developers protect their assemblies from reverse engineering and tampering, and charge a fee for your services.
- Create a software library: If you are a software developer, you can use ILProtector to protect a software library that you have created. You can then license the use of the library to other developers and charge a fee for each license.
- Create a software product: if you are a software developer, you can use ILProtector to protect a software product you have created and then sell it as a standalone product.
- Create a subscription-based software: if you are a software developer, you can use ILProtector to protect a subscription-based software you have created and then sell access to it on a monthly or annual basis.
It’s worth noting that in order to make money from using ILProtector, you will need to be able to market your protected software or services effectively. This may include creating a website, writing marketing materials, and reaching out to potential customers through networking, social media, and other channels. Additionally, you will need to ensure that your protected software is high-quality and that it provides real value to your customers.
In summary, ILProtector is a powerful tool that can be used to protect .NET assemblies from reverse engineering and tampering. It can be used to create valuable software products and services that can be sold to customers, and with the right marketing strategies, you can make money from it.
It is important to note that when you distribute the protected assembly, you will also need to distribute the ILProtector runtime library, which is required for the assembly to run correctly. The runtime library can be obtained from the ILProtector website, it’s also important to mention that the protection method can be either static or dynamic.
In summary, ILProtector is a powerful tool that can be used to protect .NET assemblies from reverse engineering and tampering. It is easy to use and can be integrated into the development process to provide an additional layer of security for your assemblies. By following the steps outlined above, you can quickly and easily protect your assemblies and safeguard your intellectual property.
It protects your .NET code against reverse engineering, decompiling and modifying.
Here’s what you’ll get with ILProtector :
- Software code protection
- String encryption
- Integrity checking
- High performance
- Full reflection support
- .NET FW 2.0-4.7.2 support
- Windows x32/x64 support
- Command-Line support
- Only documented features
ILProtector License Comparison
Purchase a License
ILProtector – Single Developer License
Single Developer License with 1-year support subscription included.
ILProtector – Site License
Site License with 1-year support subscription included.
Discount : ? % OFF